Welcome to the website of the Association of British and Commonwealth Servicemen & Women in Sweden (ABCSWS).
The Association has been in existence since 1937 (indicated in convening the 1962 AGM) and has a current membership of more than 50 persons.
We hope that you will find this website useful as a provider of news and information concerning the activities and operation of the Association as well as news clips from external sources and links to other relevant sites.
For those of our members who may wish to contribute with information about themselves, particularly of incidents in their life which have played a significant role, we welcome this. Naturally subjects of a military service nature would be preferred.
Any reproducible photographs, also with a military service theme, together with a short description of what they represent, would be most welcome.
President: Guy Skingsley
Vice-President: William Austen
Secretary: Andrew Richardson
Treasurer: Andrew Richardson
Membership Secretary: Tony Matthews
Ordinary Member: Stan Milne
Ordinary Member: Ray Duke-Berkeley, MBE
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the EU.
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area.
It requires organisations such as the ABCSWS which stores personal data to receive consent from each person that the stored data is permitted to be held.
You have the right to receive an extract of your stored personal information and may change, amend or remove any of this information at any time.
This demand for amendment or deletion must be done in writing and signed by you and mailed to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the ABCSWS. This person may change from time to time in accordance with any changes to the composition of the ABCSWS Committee after each Annual General Meeting. Normally this person will be the Secretary of the ABCSWS.
Personal data stored electronically by the ABCSWS is:
1. last name;
2. first name;
3. email address;
4. date of payment of annual membership fee;
5. indication of the branch of the Armed Forces or Civil Organisation where you served or are serving;
6. military rank when retired (where applicable);
7. member who proposed your election as a member of the ABCSWS (where applicable);
8. year when you joined the ABCSWS (when known);
9. phone number(s);
10. postal address;
11. date of birth;
12. nationality; (for use if, for example, information is sent to members which only applies to British nationals)
13. where employed (when known);
14. your entry in LinkedIn (when present);
15. records of your attendance at various ABCSWS events and if you are or have been a Committee Member;
16. a profile picture of you with short details of the military or civil occupation which qualified you for membership;
17. pictures and videos of you taken at Association events and posted on the Association social media such as Facebook and Website without your name being included
It is stressed that this information is used solely for the administration of the ABCSWS and under no circumstances, except as provided by law, is this ever passed on to a third party. In certain circumstances, the personnummer of members attending an event at the British Embassy has been required by the Embassy for security purposes. This information will be destroyed after its use for this purpose.
This act provides for you to be given any information about yourself which is electronically stored and also gives you the right to have any of your personal information amended or removed. This demand for amendment or deletion must be done in writing and signed by you and mailed to the Controller of Personal Information of the ABCSWS. This person may change from time to time in accordance with any changes to the composition of the ABCSWS Committee after each Annual General Meeting. Normally this person will be the Secretary of the ABCSWS.